Want to connect your Discord account to your PS5 ? With the latest firmware update , Discord has been integrated into PlayStation Network, allowing you to hook up your accounts and carry across your voice chats. But how do you do it? In this guide, we'll talk you through how to link Discord to your PS5 and transfer voice chat.
Discord: How to Connect to PS5 and Transfer Voice Chat
Below, you'll find step-by-step instructions on how to link your Discord account to your PS5, and then how to transfer Discord voice chats to your PS5. Before you can do either of these things, you must first ensure your PS5 is update to the latest system software. You can double check this by going to Settings > System > System Software, then select System Software Update and Settings and click Update System Software.
How to Connect Your Discord and PSN Accounts
- Log into your PS5 with the account you wish to link your Discord to.
- Go to Settings > Users and Accounts > Linked Services, then choose Discord from the list.
- On the next screen, select Link Account. Accept the terms and conditions.
- Next, you'll be asked to go to discord.com/activate . Alternatively, you can use a smart device to scan the on-screen QR code.
- On this webpage, you will be asked to enter the 8-digit code shown on your PS5's display. Enter the code with no spaces.
- If entered correctly, Discord will find your PSN account and ask you to confirm access. Accept the terms and conditions by clicking Authorise. Your accounts should now be linked.
How to Transfer Discord Voice Chats to PS5
- After following the above steps to link your Discord and PSN accounts, open Discord on your computer or smart device.
- Join or start a voice chat.
- In the corner will be a symbol of a smartphone and a game controller. Click this, then select Transfer to PlayStation. A window will show you your PS5, then click Transfer Voice.
- After a few seconds, your voice channel will migrate from Discord to PS5, enabling you to continue chatting via your console. You'll receive a notification on your PS5 to confirm the transfer.
- Now, you can continue the Discord voice chat via your PS5, as if it was a normal party chat. Press the PS button to bring up the control centre, and the Discord chat will be displayed as an activity card.
- To end the Discord chat, you can leave it from the activity card on your PS5, or you can close the chat on your computer or smart device.
That's how to connect your Discord account to your PS5 and transfer Discord voice chats. Pretty straightforward! Will you be making use of this feature on PS5? Tell us in the comments section below.